Sweetener Fast Facts
- From 1977-2010, the amount of added sugars consumed by U.S. adults increased by more than 30%. (Source: Obesity Society)
- More than 80% of US consumers agree that artificial sweeteners taste worse than sugar. (Source: Mintel Research)
- The global market for sweeteners is $10B, of which up to $2B is expected to be stevia-based. Amyris expects to own 1/3 of the stevia market by 2022. (Source: ResearchAndMarkets.com)
- Low/No/Reduced Calorie is the fastest growing claim in new carbonated beverages from 2015-2018, globally (Source: Mintel GNPD)
- Our sweetener is currently at >95% purity – and improving. Which is one of the highest on the market.
- The World Health Organization recommends that people limit their intake of added sugar to no more than 10% of their total daily calorie/energy intake.