Amyris Website Usage Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Amyris website (the “Website”). Using the Website indicates your agreement and acceptance of these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). Please read the Terms carefully. If you do not accept these Terms, do not use this Website or download materials from this site. Amyris is entitled at all times to revise and modify the Terms at any time.
The term “Amyris” or “us” or “we” refers to Amyris, Inc. (including its affiliates and subsidiaries), which is the owner of the Website and has its registered office at 5885 Hollis Street, Suite 100, Emeryville, California, USA, 94608. The term “you” refers to you as the user or viewer of our Website.
- Content & Disclaimer. The content of the Website is for your general information and use only and is subject to change without notice. You hereby acknowledge that you are using the Website at your own risk and acknowledge that any information made available herein is provided “as is”, and that Amyris does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, concerning the Website and any information provided, including but not limited to marketability, non-violation of third-party rights, title or suitability for a specific purpose or a specific application. Further, Amyris does not guarantee that the content of the Website is compatible with your technical equipment or that it is free from errors or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malware. IN NO EVENT WILL AMYRIS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THRID PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. You will defend, indemnify and hold Amyris, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any loss, claim, damage or liability of any kind which may arise out of your use of the Website.
- No Offer. This Website and all information provided on it represent neither an offer for the purchase of securities, nor advertising for such an offer; nor do they constitute an offer to participate in any other transaction. Additionally, you may not rely on any information provided on or through the Website for investment decisions.
- Copyright. This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Amyris, including without limitation the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics, images, video, trademarks, logos, and domain names that constitute or are part of the Website (collectively the “Materials”). The entire content of the Website is protected by the copyright, trademark and patent laws of the United States. The Materials may not be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, displayed, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, or decompiled, reverse engineered or disassembled, except that you may download one copy of the Materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices and make no change in or deletion of author attribution. Except as provided in the prior sentence, nothing contained in the Website shall give you a license or right to use any Material or other intellectual property of Amyris.
- Links to Third Party Sites. The Website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites, and the content of such websites or services connected to the Website are not monitored or maintained by Amyris. Amyris is not responsible for the availability, content or correctness of any such websites or services. Amyris make no representation (whether express or implied) concerning the links offered on the Website or to which the Website refers, and no representation (whether express or implied) concerning the correctness, completeness, usefulness or appropriateness of any such websites or services, or advertising on such other websites, which are linked to from the Website. The inclusion of any links does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Amyris of the views expressed within any such websites.
- Hyperlinking. You may create hyperlinks on your website to the Website provided that your website does not deal with any profane, defamatory, derogatory, obscene, improper or unlawful topics, names, materials or information and contains no content that violates any copyright or proprietary rights. You may not present any pages of the Website within a frameset and you may not in any way, without express written consent from Amyris, state or imply that Amyris has reviewed, endorsed, approved your website or any content on your website, or is aware of or exercises any degree of control with respect to your link or website.
- Information Collections & Use. Browsing the Website and and reviewing the content that does not require registration generally does not reveal personally identifiable information about you. However, we do collect some information from you during the course of your visit to the Website, and use of some features may require you to register, including submission of limited personal data such as a user ID and your name, business information and email address. This section provides information about how we obtain information as well as how we secure and use it.
- Web beacons. Some of pages on the Website and emails to those who submit contact information may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as web bugs, clear gifs, or trackers) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. They also tell us exactly what our users have been looking at. The aim of this ‘tracking’ is to better understand what interests you so that we can better tailor information to you in the future on a ‘less is more’ basis. If we do occasionally contact you, we aim to only do so regarding something that you are interested in. Web beacons collect only limited information which includes a user id, cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We do not carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. Because web beacons are the same as any other content request included in the recipe for a web page, it is not possible for you to opt out or refuse them. However, as we use web beacons in conjunction with cookies they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or by changing the cookie settings in your browser. If you have registered with for a Press Pass, you may also stipulate that we never send you anything. More information on cookies and web beacons can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Registration. We collect information about you that you provide when you register with us. Once registered, you may edit your profile or unsubscribe at any time.
- Traffic data and site statistics. We do keep a record of traffic data which is logged automatically by our server, such as your IP address, the URL you visited before ours, the URL you visit after leaving our site and which pages you visit. We also collect some site statistics such as page hits and page views. We are not readily able to identify any individual from these server traffic data or site statistics.
- Contacting Us. The Website provides various telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses for you to contact us. We will collect information from you that you provide through any of these methods. We may also collect other information you supply to us after your initial contact with us.
- Security and storage of information. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organizational measures against its unauthorized or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. Please remember that normal Internet e-mail is insecure. We will store your information at least for the duration of any relationship we have with you, or as otherwise required by law.
- What your information is used for. If you register with us, we may use your information to provide news and information services to you.
- With whom we may share your information. We will not share your information with any other organization except in the following circumstances:
- We will share your information with another organization to which we transfer, or are in discussions to transfer, our rights and obligations under our agreement with you.
- We may share your information with another organization that buys our company or our assets, or with another organization from which we acquire a company or business, and in the course of any preceding negotiations with that organization, which may or may not lead to a sale.
- We may share your information with our funders or potential funders, such as our banks, and with our professional advisers who have a reasonable need to see it.
- We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings or if otherwise required to do so by law.
- Your rights. You have a right to rectify any errors in information we hold about you, and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us, using the My Profile section of the site, about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. You also have a right to be removed from any mailing list we hold at any time. Please edit your profile to do so. You have a right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee. Before we agree to this, you must provide with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it.
- Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, USA without regard to its conflict of law provisions and you and Amyris consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the City of San Francisco. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.